553 Sycamore Valley Road West
Danville, CA 94526
Phone: (925) 855-1773
Monday–Friday 10 a.m.–6 p.m.
Saturday 9 a.m.–3 p.m. by appointment only
People in Danville and other San Ramon Valley cities are spreading the word about CoolSculpting — a nonsurgical alternative to liposuction. Maybe you’ve heard rave reviews from your friends or seen the before-and-after photos. This FDA-approved fat reduction treatment eliminates unwanted bulges without a single incision or even a needle. When you have CoolSculpting performed by certified physician assistant Elham “Ellie” Zarnegar and the rest of the team at Essential Aesthetics, you can expect excellent results and exceptional care.
Photos courtesy of ZELTIQ®
Keep in mind that each patient is unique and your results may vary.
Is CoolSculpting Right for You?
It’s important to note that CoolSculpting works best on adults who are in generally good shape but frustrated by smaller, stubborn deposits of unwanted fat. The CoolSculpting device uses various applicators to effectively treat different areas of the body. These include:
- Inner and outer thighs
- Bra bulge/back
- Flanks and love handles
- Beneath the chin
- Above the knees
- Beneath the buttocks — sometimes called a “banana roll”
CoolSculpting works by selectively freezing fat cells using a patented technology called Cryolipolysis®. Because fat cells freeze at a higher temperature than other tissues, CoolSculpting doesn’t damage skin or muscle. Instead, targeted fat cells undergo a natural death called apoptosis. In the weeks following a CoolSculpting treatment, the treated fat cells die and are absorbed by the body, leaving behind slimmer contours.
CoolSculpting at Essential Aesthetics is a relaxing, enjoyable procedure performed right here in our office. After a brief consultation with Ellie, she begins your treatment by applying cool gel pads to your skin. These pads help regulate the temperature of the treatment, ensuring that only your fat cells freeze. Ellie then places the CoolSculpting applicator on your treatment area. The device uses gentle suction to draw the fat between 2 cooling panels. Although you may feel some initial discomfort as the cold sets in, eventually the area will go numb. The exact length of your treatment time depends on the plan that you and Ellie developed together. You may be in our office for as little as 35 minutes or as long as a few hours. But don’t worry — during this time, you can stream your favorite shows and movies on Netflix or Amazon Prime, read, or just relax. Our staff provides you with light, healthy refreshments. You may choose to have a treatment with dermal fillers or BOTOX® Cosmetic during your treatment, or you can work quietly on your laptop. Ellie will let you know how long you can expect your treatment to last during your complimentary consultation. While the CoolSculpting device does its job, Ellie is just a page away.
Your CoolSculpting Options
- DualSculpting®: Because we have more than one CoolSculpting machine in our office, we’re able to implement DualSculpting, a time-saving option for patients who want to treat multiple areas at once. During a DualSculpting treatment, Ellie applies 2 CoolSculpting devices to the parts of your body that you’d like to treat — at the same time. This allows her to address both arms, both thighs, or another combination of 2 areas in the time it would normally take to undergo a single treatment.
- CoolAdvantage Plus™: Twice the size of a standard CoolSculpting applicator, CoolAdvantage Plus treats a larger area of fat for more significant results.
- CoolAdvantage Petite: Designed specifically to reduce fat in the upper arms, CoolAdvantage Petite offers an effective solution for this very common trouble spot.
- CoolMini™: The smallest CoolSculpting applicator sits snugly against the area beneath the chin, freezing the fat that causes a double chin and improving your profile without the use of surgery or needles.
Immediately following your procedure, you can return to your normal activities. However, you should expect some lingering redness and soreness, similar to what you experience the day after a tough gym visit. Results take several weeks to fully develop, and you should see your preliminary outcome about 3 weeks after CoolSculpting. While some patients are satisfied with their results after a single treatment, others opt for a series of treatments for a more significant outcome. Ellie works with you to help you create a treatment plan that meets your goals.
By sticking to healthy exercise and eating habits, you can enjoy the results of your CoolSculpting treatment for many years.Back to Top